If you are looking for a fun online activity to do as a family… Check out Wonderopolis! This website offers amazing resources for teachers, students and families. It pretty much focuses on “I wonder” questions. It is a nice way to learn about real world topics and make connections to classroom topics and teachable moments during the day. I know that kids ask questions all day long. Now they can have a fun place to go to explore educational topics they “wonder” about!
Right now Wonderopolis is featuring a SUMMER CAMP! It is a fun camp of activities. Register your child today!
Some great features:
- It highlights important vocabulary in the text for readers to focus on – GREAT for developing vocabulary and improving non fiction reading skills
- It has a “listen” button if you want it read to you.
- There are videos for each “I wonder” topic
- There are quizzes for each topic
- Makes important connections to real world topics
- Incorporates hands on activities such as science experiments or crafts
- Students can suggest new “I wonder” questions for the website to feature and vote for other topics as well
- It is available on most all devices including iPad and Android
- Wonderopolis is pretty active on Twitter. They tweet great ideas for classroom/home. Be sure to tweet out some fun stuff you do with your kids and they will almost always respond.